You just got your online dating website up and running, but the hardest part has just begun – inviting people to join and use your dating website as their place to meet potential partners. In a highly competitive niche, it can be quite difficult to gain the goal you are looking for. But it doesn’t have to be that complicated, given that you are committed to making your dating website one of the best places to find a partner.
Keep in mind that there is no need for you to become an expert programmer or a specialist in search engine optimization to do this. There is no need to study all about promotion. What you need to do is to buy a dating script that is ready for use for a particular niche such as local, international, Christian, LGBT, etc., and then start to promote it. You only need the time and effort to make sure that your online dating site will become a success and grow more to be the best online dating site. But it doesn’t mean that you can achieve this in 6 months or less.
Where to begin?
Given that you already have your website completely designed, installed it in your preferred server and even made a couple of adjustments to your niche and brand, you are then ready to make a launch of your website.
The first step is to let the search engines know that your site is operating. To do this, you have to add your website’s URL in the Google Webmaster. You also have another option – posting the link to your website on another website. You don’t have to limit posting your link on a single website. It can be two or more, as long as you find them appropriate. You can also write a press release or article about your website and post it to applicable web catalogs or blogs.
Make sure that you have an account with Google Analytics since you are going to use this on how well your website has reached a particular audience. You should account your website to your account so that you get to view relevant data. This tool will aid you in tracking the dynamics of your site’s visits, conversion and monitor the page views.
The next step here is to setup your link building. This means that you will need the trusted resources you have gathered to refer to your site. Keep in mind that the process of doing this consumes a lot of time, but without this, it will be impossible to put your dating site on the first page of the SERPs. Here are the following steps that you should take with the aforementioned in mind:
– Acquire a link from the most trusted catalogs. The general ones are Botw, Yahoo or DMOZ. You can also try local catalogs from Yelp and Google places. It is also advisable that you sign up to dating websites catalogs.
– The next step is to establish the link exchange. When you are searching for the resources for link exchange, make sure that you choose sites that are related to your topic or subject. This means that you only need to post information on your site that can potentially be useful or interesting to the visitors of your website.
– Only publish unique articles related to your topic. This can be anything as long as it is relevant to dating. Several topics include “What to do on your first date,” “How to maintain a healthy relationship” and so on. The articles are mainly posted on your website, but you can also post it on other relevant sites, but better make sure that you post the author and the link to your website. This will generate more traffic as there is the tendency readers get more curious about the author and visit the source. It is also important that the copyrights of the author are confirmed, too. You need the content to be linked to your site or the author and to do this you must link the article to your account in Google Plus and then add the code rel=”author.” This is an attribute code used widely by web developers. You don’t need to know more about what these codes are. The most important thing is that you have the code above included into your article so that it will be directed to the site where the source is.
– Take advantage of social media. It will help you gather more potential members by creating a page or group in major social media networking sites. It will also help you a lot when you engage with your users.
– There is also the option of paying for advertisements through contextual ads such as MSN or Google AdSense, among others. You can also use banners, too. Contextual advertising lets business owners set up their ads and display them according to a particular region at a certain time, introduce particular age groups and much more.
– The more content you publish on your website, the better. Even a simple communication in your forms can achieve you two goals. One is by learning more about the promotion of the dating site, and the other is by adding a link to your site. To do the latter, all you need is to add the domain name of your site into the signature of the user.
– Offline advertising – not all your advertising is done online. You can also go with offline advertising through local magazines and newspapers. Other sources you can utilize are promotional gifts, T-shirts prints, and auto stickers. If your dating website is targeted locally, all the more you should take advantage of offline ads as they are more effective.
– Make sure you also include the all time favorite – Yellow Pages. They are still around, but this time they have an online version as well.
– Post any success stories of your members that have met and made a healthy relationship thanks to your website. However, you should ask for permission if they allow it.
Avoid using black-hat SEO tools with your website since it will get your site banned from the SERPs. When this happens, you will have to build up from scratch again.